World Monitor Magazine WM_Energy 2017 - Page 57

style Pantere de Cartier RING YELLOW GOLD, TSAVORITE GARNETS, ONYX pendant encrusted with diamonds and sapphires, sitting on the 'globe' - a large sapphire of a cabochon cut; a gold cigarette case featuring a map of the travel routes of spouses across Europe and North America; a gold brooch studded with diamonds and bejeweled with emeralds spelling out the initials W and E, and a ruby crown – Edward's gift for their 20th wedding anniversary. These decorations contributed to the growth of the popularity of the Cartier jewelry house. CARESSE D’ORCHIDÉES PAR CARTIER RING WHITE GOLD, ONYX, DIAMONDS In 1962, after the death of the Cartier brothers, the company was divided into three parts and sold to owners in Paris, London and New York. After 10 years, the company was reunited. In 1972, Cartier started the mass production of watches in Switzerland at their acquired watchmaking enterprise. In 2014, the watch brand Cartier was valued at 2.9 billion Swiss francs, which put it at third place among brands of Swiss watches. With the formation of Les Must de Cartier in 1973, Cartier boutiques were opened in more than 20 countries. The largest boutiques are located in New York, Milan, Beverly Hills, Rome, Boston, San Francisco, Tokyo, Paris, Shanghai and Vancouver. The House has boutiques in Russia and other CIS countries – Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Ukraine. LOVE BRACELET, 6 PINK SAPPHIRES, 6 DIAMONDS Love collection debuted in 1970 In 1970 $250-1575 In 2017 $6300 JUSTE UN CLOU BRACELET WHITE GOLD, DIAMONDS supported by EUROBAK 55