Welcome to the College - Page 10

Incorporating your Practice College members are permitted under the Regulated Health Professions Act to establish a professional corporation and practice medicine through their corporation. Once incorporated, medicine professional corporations must obtain a Certificate of Authorization from the College. As a first step, you will need to incorporate under the Ontario Business Corporations Act using the forms available from the Ontario government. Immediately afterwards, you will need to apply to the College for a Certificate of Authorization. Certificates of Authorization must be renewed annually. Application forms for a Certificate of Authorization and further information are available from the College’s website under CPSO Members>Incorporation Issuance and Renewal. Welcome to the College – May 2016 10