We the Italians March 21, 2016 - 77 - Page 49

st # 77 MARCH 21 , 2016 is the Church of Carmine with its Convent, which then became the Town Hall, built in 1779 in typical Piemonte Baroque style, because in 1720 the region was governed by the House of Savoy. Inside the church the precious polychrome marble of the main altar (1791) and those of the Chapel of Our Lady of Mondovì glitter in the dim light. Going towards the sea, on the opposite side of the river, in front of the medieval village of Sa Costa, is the tannery district of Sas Conzas,an architectural WE THE ITALIANS | 49 www.wetheitalians.com