Small Business Start-Up Kit - Page 27

Tax Information Consumer’s Use Tax Certificate A consumer’s use tax certificate is required for every business that regularly purchases or leases taxable property or services for storage, use, or consumption in Wisconsin upon which sales or use tax was not paid. This certificate is not required if a business already holds a seller’s permit or use tax certificate. For additional information, see Wisconsin Use Tax fact sheet (https://www.revenue. Use Tax Certificate A use tax certificate is required for every out-of-state retailer who is not required to hold a seller’s permit, but is engaged in business in Wisconsin and making retail sales, leases, or rentals of tangible personal property or providing taxable services in Wisconsin. If out-of-state retailers have physical presence (nexus) in Wisconsin, they may be required to register and collect the Wisconsin tax. Further information can be found in Publication 201, Wisconsin Sales and Use Tax ( How do I obtain a permit? You can register online at What if I lose my seller’s permit? If you are a My Tax Account user, your seller’s permit is generally included in the list of letters displayed after you click on the “Mail” tab. You can print a copy of your permit without having to contact the department. You may contact the department to get a replacement by calling (608) 266-2776 or by writing to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue, PO Box 8902, Madison, WI 53708-8902. For more information please contact: Wisconsin Department of Revenue Tax Operations Bureau PO Box 8902, MS 3-14 Madison, WI 53708-8902 Phone: (608) 266-2776 Email additional questions to Greater Area Tomah Chamber of Commerce Page | 27