Residential Application Guide - Page 11

Special Diets We are committed to providing safe dining options to our residents and will work with you to ensure your needs are met. Students with medically related dietary restrictions should review the Disability Accommodation and Accessibility page. We are also committed to providing our customers with the information they need to make informed decisions about healthy dining. Complete nutritional information for much of the food we serve is available online, and our dining locations will feature items that meet certain dietary requirements such as vegetarian or gluten-free. If you are a member of the gender and sexual diversity, or ally, community, you may search for roommates via the Q Center’s Queer-Positive Roommate Forum. Requesting a Specific Roommate You may request a specific roommate on your application. Your request will be accommodated if: • Both residents are of the same gender* • Both applications have concurring information • Both applications are submitted at approximately the same time • Space is available Dining Account FAQ Q What if I run out of money before the end of the quarter? A You can add money to your Husky Card Account to use for dining or change to a higher Dining Level. Q What happens to my dining account if I move out of the residence halls before the end of the agreement period? A Any balance remaining on your dining account will be available for you to use until the end of your agreement period. Q Do set meal periods determine when I can use my dining account to eat on campus? A No, if the dining location is open, you can eat there and use your dining account to pay. Q Are the funds in my dining account refundable? A No, however, funds left in your dining account at the end of the quarter are rolled over to the next quarter until the end of your agreement period. Q Can I use my dining account for laundry, copy services or parking on campus? A No, the dining account is for purchases at HFS dining locations only. Your Husky Card Account is another debit account available on your Husky Card that can be used for these services. Q Can I transfer dining account funds to my Husky Card Account? A No, dining account funds cannot be transferred to any other account. Finding a Roommate If you want to find a roommate you may use the UW Facebook Roommate Finder App; if you don’t find a roommate on your own we will assign one for you. Instructions to sign up should be provided by the Office of Admissions in their email communications with you. *Students who request nine-month housing in a gender-neutral room will be assigned with another student who has requested the same in a double room with a private bath. Please Note: You will be asked to enter your requested roommate’s UW student number on the application. Our ability to assign specific roommates together is limited by room availability. If you do not specify a roommate, you will be assigned one by the Student Services Office. Except as required by law, assignments to UW residence halls and other housing facilities provided for students are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or military status. Greek Life or On-Campus Housing? Many women and men choose to join sororities and fraternities instead of living in the residence halls, and most of them participate in formal recruitment held yearly in mid-September. Sororities: The Panhellenic Association and HFS work in collaboration to ensure that all undergraduate women have a chance to consider Greek life without risking their place in the residence halls in case their sorority plans fall through. For more detailed sorority information click here. Fraternities: The Interfraternity Council and HFS cooperate to identify men who have applied for on-campus housing and have also confirmed a space in a fraternity house. For more detailed fraternity information click here. 11