Pennsylvania Dental Journal March April 2018 - Page 21

Dr. Clark J. Hollister resigns as executive secretary and is replaced by Ray Cobaugh. The name of our publication was changed from the Pennsylvania State Dental Journal to the Pennsylvania Dental Journal. 1949 1949 1948 1948 Many district and local societies in the Pennsylvania State Dental Society participate in the American Dental Association’s first national observance of Children’s Dental Health Day. Children’s Dental Health Day 1950 1951 1952 Ford City (in Armstrong County) becomes the first community in Pennsylvania to fluoridate its water. Brookville, in Jefferson County, followed three months later. 1946 1946 1951 Pittsburgh became the first large city in Pennsylvania, and one of the first major cities in the country, to fluoridate the water. 1952 CONTINUES ON PAGE 22 1950 The Women’s Auxiliary was organized, with the statewide auxiliary formed as a federation of local dental societies’ auxiliaries. PDA Presidents Drs. Charles S. Patton 1950, Paul E. Bomberger 1951 MARCH/AP RIL 2018 | P EN N SYLVAN IA DEN TAL JOURNAL 21