Mélange Travel & Lifestyle Magazine January 2019 - Page 46

Get married while on vacation in ANTIGUA A Marriage Coordinator at the Ministry of Legal Affairs will interview the two persons desirous of getting married after which a special licence for non-residents of Antigua will be issued if everything is in order. You will need to show your valid passport, and original documents or certified originals of: • Divorce papers (if divorced) • Death certificate (if a widow or widower) • Affidavits (if there was a name change) You must be over 18 or if under 18, written authorization from parents or guardian must be provided. Take this licence to the court house and you can be married there, or enlist the services of a marriage officer. To be married, there must be two witnesses present. For more details and fee information, telephone: 1 268-462-0609 ©Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority