History of the UF Division of Student Affairs - Page 80

80 Faculty-in-Residence: Faculty lived in the Murphree Area from 1906 through around the mid-1930s to provide leadership and direction to residents. The modern Faculty-in-Residence program was launched Fall 1986 in Old Hume Hall. Faculty-in-Residence programs promote out-of-classroom learning opportunities. Faculty-in-Residence and their families live in apartments within or adjacent to residence facilities. Today, faculty-in-residence programs are located on East Campus (Broward); West Campus (Lakeside); in the Honors Residential College at Hume Hall; and in Tolbert H all (ROTC). Fine Arts LLC: In 2005, Reid Hall became the Fine Arts Living Learning Community, a community in support of residents with majors or an interest in the fine arts. This program is a collaboration with the College of Fine Arts. In support of this community, Reid Hall offers studio space, gallery space, and practice hours in the evenings which permit residents to rehearse musical instruments in their rooms. Wellness Communities/GatorWell LLC: The Beaty West 14th Floor was the Wellness Floor from 1996 – 2003. Today, GatorWell Health Educators keep office hours and provide wellness programming at Jennings Hall and Springs Residential Complex. Global LLC: In 2006, Yulee Hall became the Global Living Learning Community, a community committed to global learning and sustainability initiatives. Honors Housing: In the mid-1960s, Honors Housing by floor was offered in various locations including Jennings Hall and old Hume Hall. By 1979, Honors Housing was concentrated on two floors in East Hall and soon grew to be the entire building with overflow Honors Housing in Weaver Hall by the mid-1980s. In 2002, Honors Housing moved to the Honors Residential College at Hume Hall, a large facility designed and constructed to house this population. Innovation Academy LLC: Innovation Academy LLC, a cohort of springsummer academic year residents, has been housed in Beaty since Spring 2013. This program is a collaboration with Innovation Academy. International House LLC: When Fletcher Hall opened in 1939, part of the building was called the Inter-American section and housed exchange students from Latin America and UF students learning Spanish. This H i st o ry o f t h e U F D S A