Florida Rising Magazine FRM March 2019 - Page 14


Homeowner, Condo and Business Property Damage Claims

A home or office building is the most significant purchase most of us will make during our lifetime. Most of us buy insurance coverage – windstorm, liability, flood, homeowners, and business interruption – to protect our homes and businesses. Yet, today’s insurance policies are lengthy, complex contracts full of exceptions, exclusions, deductibles, and conditions that make the policy difficult to read, and sometimes even more difficult to recover from for your damage.

The Maus Law Firm has the best attorneys to handle property damage claims. These are just a few of the questions you may deal with after suffering a house water damage claim, plumbing backup, or a broken pipe above your condominium unit:

What is an appraisal?

Can the insurance company choose to repair your property?

What is my deductible and how does it apply to the claim?

Is a roof leak covered under my homeowners coverage?

What happens if the insurance company denies my claim?

Who pays your attorney if you file a lawsuit to recover property damage money?

Whose insurance covers water damage in a condominium building?

What are ALE’s, and does your policy allow you to stay in a hotel while repairs are going on?

In addition to these questions, there are several different types of policies offered by homeowner insurance companies that contain various types of coverage. There is a policy used for owner occupied properties, one for properties that are rented out, and yet another type policy used for condo units. Where do you turn to get help?

The Maus Law Firm has been successfully handling insurance related claims since 1993. The Firm is “AV” rated by Martindale Hubbell, the highest ranking for legal ability and ethics. The Maus Law Firm has been recognized continuously since 2011 by Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” ranking, and named a “SuperLawer” by West Thompson Publishing. The attorneys at The Maus Law Firm will competently and aggressively represent you in your homeowner property damage insurance claim, or commercial business insurance claim.