Exhibition News October 2018 - Page 8

NEWS THE MONTH IN NUMBERS 50,000,000 Steps walked at Wildgoose events, equivalent to the world’s circumference 12,500sqm Mum’s Enterprise Roadshow moves to Olympia Of events space in Hilton’s new Silverstone hotel, opening 2020 125 Years since Battersea Arts Centre opened, following Grand Hall restoration 100 8 Enquiries regarding events at Science Museum’s new Illuminate space £29.8m Paid by Ascential to acquire Brand View Limited Quote/ Unquote “We share everyone’s disappointment to have heard this news. We are seeking an urgent meeting with TFL and the Mayor’s Office to understand the reasons for this delay.” ExCeL London CEO Jeremy Rees on Elizabeth Line delay October 2018 | exhibitionnews.co.uk ITE Group sells 56 events ITE Group has announced the disposal of ITE Expo LLC, the operating company for 56 of the Group’s events in Russia. The events, which comprise a significant portion of ITE Group’s non- core assets in Russia, will be taken over by Shtab-Expo LLC. ITE retains 16 core events in Russia. These events will form part of a new legal entity, ITE Expo International LLC. Among the core events are MosBuild, WorldFood Moscow, YugAgro and MITT. Among the non-core events being disposed of are Stomatology St Petersburg, and Jewellery Salon Krasnodar. Non-core events in Russia generated approximately £12m for the financial year ending September 2017. The organiser of Mum’s Enterprise Roadshow London, an event which provides a platform for women who’ve recently had children to find potential business opportunities, has announced new February dates and a move to Olympia London as the show continues to grow. The change is a result of a company restructure from a limited company to a community interest company. Mum’s Enterprise Ltd was founded in 2014 by Lindsey Fish, following her experience of starting a business after maternity leave. Fish commented: “The purpose of Mums Enterprise is to change the work and business lives of parents across the UK for the better and our Manchester event, which saw over 3,000 parents attend, is a true testament to the genuine demand for social change. International deals for Tarsus Tarsus Group has announced its acquisition of the remaining 50 per cent of joint venture EJK Tarsus Mexico, along with the acquisition of 25 per cent of AMB Tarsus Exhibition in South East Asia and a strategic partnership with Streamline Marketing Group in the UAE. In late 2017, Tarsus expanded its Mexican joint venture with US-based organiser E.J. Krause & Associates, taking over nine further events in Mexico from EJK. This latest deal sees Tarsus acquire the remaining 50 per cent of the portfolio for a cash consideration of approximately US$18.0m. The acquisition of a further 25 per cent interest in AMB Tarsus Exhibitions, brokered by Mayfield Media Strategies, increases the organiser’s overall interest to 75 per cent. In 2015, Tarsus acquired a 50 per cent stake in organiser AMB Group as part of new joint venture AMB Tarsus Exhibitions. Douglas Emslie, group managing director, said: “These deals represent an exciting expansion in three of our key territories. Mexico is a large and fast-growing market, and this agreement to acquire the remaining 50 per cent interest in EJK Tarsus Mexico, thereby assuming full control of the Mexican business, represents an excellent opportunity for the Group to accelerate its growth.