ⓘⓂⒶⓃ » Erectile Dysfunction Protocol PDF/Book, Jason Long - Page 25

The Testosterone Report How testosterone is created We need testosterone because we are men and we need to do our manly things, like throwing rocks at each other, pillaging villages or whatever, so our hypothalamus (that’s a part of our brain, not the funny animal in the documentaries) releases a substance to the pituitary gland called gonadotropin- releasing hormone (GnRH from now on, I’ll abbreviate things like this because I’m lazy and science can not name one thing with a normal term to save its life). This hormone causes the gland to produce two other hormones: follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH), also known as gonadotropins (hell yeah, see why the abbreviations?). Our LH buddy travels to our testes to remember them that they have to do something more that hang in there, so it triggers the production of testosterone (about 95% of testosterone is made there, the other 5% in adrenal glands). Our testes look at each other and because they can not make our beloved testosterone from thin air, they need to create it from something. That something is cholesterol. “Woah, woah, wait a moment, what?” Are you implying that the “public enemy number one” is what we need to make testosterone? I’m not implying anything, I’m totally saying it. And not only that, cholesterol is a so important substance that is needed for almost everything, but for the scope of this ramblings, we need it for testosterone. If this process continues and testosterone levels become too high, the pituitary gland slows the release of LH so production slows down. FSH (the other hormone released by the pituitary gland) is similarly involved in the increase and decrease in sperm production. So it’s a brain thing, it starts in our upper brain, it finishes in our lower brains and now my life is complete because I finally slipped that awful joke in this. Kinds of testosterone If you get tested and you get a high number of total testosterone don’t deliver high fives and show the paper to the ladies yet, that tends to be good, but it’s not the important number. 7