Doodles.pdf Jul. 2014 - Page 109

COLLEGE REPORT (2013-14) It is with immense pleasure that I present the annual report of College of Engineering, Kallooppara. 2013-14. The College of Engineering Kallooppara (CEK) was started in 1999 under the aegis of IHRD- a Govt. of Kerala undertaking. IHRD has the largest network of technical institutions in Kerala with more than 100 institutions under it including Engineering Colleges, Applied Science Colleges, Polytechnics and Technical Higher Secondary Schools. IHRD is dedicated to scientific advancement, technological progress and economic growth of the country through human resources development. This year, AICTE, CUSAT & Govt. of Kerala have given the sanction for staring two PG programmes namely MTech in Signal Processing under Electronics dept & MTech in Cyber Forensic & Information Security under Computer Science Dept. as well as a BTech programme in Electrical & Electronics Engineering in addition to our exisiting BTech programme namely Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science Engineering. The new programmes will definitely change the dimension of this college. It is worth to mention that MTech in Cyber Forensic & Information Security is offered in only very few institutions in India. ADMISSION During this academic year 2013-14, 85% of B Tech seat allotment was done by the Entrance Commissioner, CEE, Govt. of Kerala and remaining 15% was reserved for NRI students. 8 NRI students were admitted this year. Due to several reasons, only 146 out of 189 seats were filled in this years B Tech admission. 9 lateral entry students were also admitted to 2nd year directly in this year. Presently there are 154, 179 & 152 students enrolled in 2nd, 3rd & 4th year courses. Altogether there are 678, (631 UG & 47 PG) students studying in this college. Out of which about 420 are girls. 111