Celebrate in Herefordshire - Page 11

Notice all photos - www.anneparkerphotography.co.uk If either of you is a widow or widower, we will need to see a certified copy of your spouse’s death certificate. Widows will also need their marriage certificate, unless their name appears on their late husband’s death certificate. If any documents are not in the English language, please provide a certified translation. Other documents may also be needed depending on the circumstances. For example, if you are under 18 years of age, the consent of your parents or guardians is required. A consent form is available from the Register Office. If one of you is subject to immigration control, for example staying in the UK on a visa, then you will need to follow special procedures. You will need to give notice at a specially designated Register Office. Please contact Hereford Register Office on 01432 383261 for details. For more information about immigration related issues, contact the UK Border Agency Immigration Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766 or visit the UK Border Agency website www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk If you are not able to provide any of the documents, the Superintendent Registrar will be able to advise you further on this matter. Once you have given notice you must wait a further 28 clear days before the marriage can take place (for example, if notice is given on 1st July, the marriage may take place on or after the 29th July). You can collect the authority for marriage from the district or districts where notice was given as soon as this waiting period is over. This authority is the legal document that allows your marriage to take place. If marrying in another district, you must both give your authority to marry to the Superintendent Registrar of the district where the marriage is to take place. This authority is valid for 12 months from the date you gave notice. You will each be charged a fee for giving notice. Any Register Office can tell you the current fees. 10