2017/18 Edson and Area Visitors Guide 2017 Visitor Guide electronic - Page 33

designated a municipal historical resource in 1987 and is operated by the Edson Cultural Heritage Organization (ECHO). 103 years after opening its doors, the Red Brick has become the town’s cultural cornerstone, complete with an art gallery, 141 seat theatre, dance studios, permanent art collection and a classroom museum. www.redbrickartscentre.com Photo by Giles Merriott www.365photography.com Switzer' e s Drug Stor Built in 1913, the Red Brick was one of Edson’s first schools and continued to serve the children of Edson until 1967 when it was closed down. It then become a bus barn for the school division but when a new facility was opened in the 1980s, the future of the Red Brick was uncertain. A campaign to save the building started in 1985 and succeeded when the building was Switzer’s Drug Store An independent pharmacy that prides itself on friendly personalized customer service. The oldest family-owned business in Edson! 12 Original Store in 19 istrict Serving Edson & D Since 1912 Harvey A. Switzer - founder of the drug store - opened January 12, 1912 et 224 - 50 Street 780-723-4666 50th Stre Edson 224- 66 Phone: 780-723-46 Celebrating 105 years of service www.gallowaystationmuseum.com 31